In the vicinity of Svidnik is the wooden church of Saint Nicholas in Bodruzal, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed church. Built in 1658, it is also Greek-Catholic, like the church of Dobroslava and so many others in the area. There is a complete iconostasis in the church, with four rows of paintings and a delicately decorated door towards the sanctuary. Uniquely, the iconostasis is painted on both sides – and we were allowed into the sanctuary to admire this!
On the left wall are large frescos of the Last Judgement and the Crucifixion. Altogether, a fabulous building from the outside, with great decoration on the inside.